Ahmedabad, India is one of the country's top 10 cities and is located in the state of Gujarat. Though the city is large by any standard, it is very safe and does not have the feel of large city.
+ ENROLL NOW
YFI will accept up to 250 students for the UMI. Most high school students who enroll are sophomores and juniors, but we accept any high school age student, including graduating seniors who have a cumulative or current GPA of 3.5 or higher (weighted or unweighted).
+ ENROLL NOW
PARTICIPANTS High School students ages 14-18
LOCATION Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India
India does not require vaccinations to enter the country. However, we require all students and staff to have typhoid and hepatitis A vaccinations in addition to traditional childhood vaccinations. A prescription for an anti-malarial medication is also required. Flu shot and Z-pack (Azythromycin) prescription are highly recommended.
+ ENROLL NOW
VACCINATIONS Program requirements to keep you healthy
India is HOT during the summer months. As such, we put students in safe and comfortable modern 4-5 star hotels that provide air conditioned rooms, great, safe meals, and security around the hotels. Rooms are single gender, double occupancy. Since hotels generally have few twin bed rooms (it's customary to share beds in India), boys are assigned those rooms and girls share king/queen beds.
+ ENROLL NOW
All persons traveling to India must have a valid passport that expires no less than 180 days from the date of entry to India. Students must also obtain an Indian Tourist Visa, instructions about which will be provided after enrollment. The cost of obtaining a visa is not included in the UMI tuition.
+ ENROLL NOW
ACCOMMODATIONS Modern, air conditioned hotels
PASSPORTS & VISAS Requirements for traveling to India
When enrolling for the UMI, there are a few options.
- Option 1: Regular Enrollment - Tuition is $6100 USD if paying by check, $6400 USD if paying by credit/debit card. Enrollment includes round trip airfare to India from the northeast U.S. (exact point of departure TBD), accommodations, sightseeing, meals, and program costs. It DOES NOT include domestic transportation to our point of departure for India, Indian Tourist Visa, recommended travel insurance, or spending money. PLEASE NOTE that the tuition rate is guaranteed until February 1, 2017 if $3000 USD or more is paid. After that date, YFI reserves the right to increase tuition in accordance with the rise in airfare rates. Group airfares are booked immediately after February 1, 2017 and in order for a student's airfare to be booked, at least $3000 USD must be paid towards tuition at that time, even if enrolled several months prior.
- Option 2: Enrollment without India Airfare (for those who are staying in India beyond the UMI dates or are traveling to India from another country) - Tuition is $5100 USD if paying by check, $5400 USD if paying by credit/debit card. Enrollment includes accommodations, sightseeing, meals, and program costs. It DOES NOT include airfare to India, Indian Tourist Visa, recommended travel insurance, or spending money.
- Option 3: Internship Hours Only Enrollment (for those who are staying/living with family in Ahmedabad and go to the assigned medical college/hospital each day on his/her own) - Tuition is $3000 USD if paying by check, $3150 USD if paying by credit/debit card. Enrollment covers ONLY the hours spent at the medical college/hospital and DOES NOT include airfare to India, Indian Tourist Visa, recommended travel insurance, spending money, accommodations, sightseeing, or meals.
- All enrollment options require a $1000 USD payment at the time of enrollment and all options have payment plans available. Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE. We recommend protecting your investment by getting travel insurance that covers the cost of tuition in case of medical emergency, illness, accident, injury, or death in the immediate family that prohibits you from attending the UMI since tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE. YFI does not provide travel insurance.
- Tuition for Option 1, the option that includes airfare to India, is guaranteed at the rate of $6100/$6400 USD until February 1, 2017 if $3000 or more has been paid. After that date, YFI reserves the right to increase the cost of tuition in accordance with increases in airfare tickets after that date.
- The group airfare we book for travel to India is good ONLY for traveling June 8-25 or June 29-July 16, 2017. We DO NOT accommodate individualized travel itineraries. As such, those wishing to travel either before or after the UMI (or both) to India in order to stay with family and or friends or do in-country sightseeing on their own MUST enroll for Option 2 and book their own travel to India.
- Scholarships are not available to those wishing to enroll for the UMI. We've had students raise money in full on their own by using www.gofundme.com, seeking donations from businesses, hospitals, doctors, and other indviduals in their communities, holding fundraisers in schools, etc.
- Though YFI itself is a non-profit organization, tuition paid to YFI to attend any of its programs is not tax deductible.
- All check payments must be from accounts drawn from U.S. Banks. YFI cannot accept checks drawn from banks outside of the U.S. even if those checks are in U.S. dollars. Any check that is returned NSF will incur a $15 fee and payment MUST be resubmitted in the form of cashier's check or money order within 10 days or enrollment will be canceled due to non-payment.
Youth Futures International
6 University Drive, Suite 206-181
Amherst, Massachusetts 01002 USA
Phone: +1 413.658.0224
Fax: +1 413.658.0242
OPPORTUNITIES AHEAD FOLLOW US
All Rights Reserved. © 2016 Youth Futures International, Inc.